FCRA Class Action Settlement Approved by California Federal Court
Tags : FCRA Compliance
The defendant, Romanoff Floor Covering, Inc., was ordered to pay out a $1.375 million settlement to the certified class.
In Carrasco v. Romanoff Floor Covering, Inc., the defendant was alleged to have misused FCRA consent forms to improperly run background checks. The defendant was also accused of wage and hour violations. Of the total settlement value, 30 percent was allocated to the 2,989-member FCRA class and the remaining 70 percent was allocated to the 702-member California wage and hour claims class. Both classes consisted of all individuals who worked for the defendant between March 30, 2013 and May 1, 2018.
Comparatively, the FCRA settlement was significantly less than the class's wage and hour settlement; however, the class still retains the option to litigate in federal court and potentially benefit from federal class certification procedures under Rule 23.
Posted: June 7, 2021
All Rights Reserved © 2021 Business Information Group, Inc.
This document and/or presentation is provided as a service to our customers. Its contents are designed solely for informational purposes, and should not be inferred or understood as legal advice or binding case law, nor shared with any third parties. Persons in need of legal assistance should seek the advice of competent legal counsel. Although care has been taken in preparation of these materials, we cannot guarantee the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information contained within it. Anyone using this information does so at his or her own risk.
We cannot express enough how much we have enjoyed working with BIG! It has really benefitted our processing and ease of doing business!
I enjoy collaborating with BIG, and know that if I have to reach out with a question/concern, a positive attitude with a willingness to find resolve is on the other side of an email or a phone call.
You have been the most professional and most helpful business partner that I have ever been associated with — always there to assist us and with rapid turnaround times.
I am confident whenever we add a product with your company that I will have a good experience.
We have received superior service and we know this is what you and your team strive for. We are grateful for the dedication, level of professionalism and effort shown.